General insurance is the insurance of any kind entity except life. Usually, General Insurance is for a few years and has to be renewed after the expiration.
What is General Insurance Premium?
It is basically the premium amount that has to be paid by the insured in installments, non-payment for more than a specified period may lead to the cancellation of the policy.
Types of General Insurance
- Motor insurance- this kind of insurance provides cover for two-wheeler and cars against any accidents
- Home insurance- this insurance covers home and its belongings to be safe and secure it from any damages. It may include natural or human-made or both type of losses
- Travel insurance- this insurance covers an individual or his family against any loss like loss of luggage during travel
It also includes health Insurance, Theft Insurance, Livestock Insurance, etc., eventually covering everything except life insurance.
Some of the General Insurance companies in India
- Max Bupa General Insurance
- New India Assurance General Insurance
- Aditya Birla General Insurance
- Digital General Insurance
- Future Generali General Insurance
- Royal General Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Health Insurance Limited
- Kotak Mahindra General Insurance
- SBI General Insurance
- Tata AIG General Insurance